Skip to main content
My Birthday was so great! On Friday my dad took a day off work to take me, Lexie, and Ruby to City Creek. Lexie and Ruby got ripped off at this supposedly healthy salad/sandwich place. They had to ask for greens to be put in the salad, which cost them more! It ended up being like $15 bucks for a tiny, simple (but yummy) salad and drinks! Us girls went into tons of stores, smelled plenty of soaps, admired tons of clothes, and gasped at many price tags. My dad came back swinging lots H & M bags over his shoulder, while Lex, Rubes and I carried our miniscule Forever 21 bags holding our $1 fake eyelashes. It was so funny!:) It was so fun and we had lots of laughs!
On Saturday I had the two recitals and went to Kneaders for breakfast with dad. I had cinnamon french toast with strawberries and cream.  It was probably like 2500 calories, but delicious!
Thanks dad!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

DC pics