On Tuesday I had my very late birthday party with some wardies, dance buddies, family, Music Man friends, and Marching Band kids. I love all of them and I'm so thankful for their encouraging, righteous examples and fun, outgoing personalities:) We talked a lot, played nightgames, tried and epically fail to make a human pyramid, and ate cupcakes and ice cream. I told everyone not to worry about gifts, but a lot of them brought them anyway. They're way too nice. I got rasberry-filled dark chocolate, earrings, a watch, nail polish, gift cards (one to Pat's Dancewear; Yay!), a shirt, bag, Build-a-Bear bear, flowers, and an adorable gift bag from Charity with a Lovebox, and wooden doll and a few other color-coordinated gifts. Thanks so much everyone!
Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
Comments
Post a Comment