Skip to main content
The theme this year is D & C 115:5
Verily I say unto you all: Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations
 I really like this scripture and I'm so glad it's the theme this year. Leaders are always telling us to be an example and stand out or stand up for what you know is right. Like the pioneers, we have trials that will test us, but our trials are not harder than theirs. They are just different. 
In High School I know I'll have to remember this theme. I have great friends and amazing family. For me maybe the most important thing will be to arise to the amount of homework I'll have:)  I know I'll have to shine forth too and be a missionary. Seminary will help so much and I'm so thankful for my experience with it last year. I learned so much about the Old Testament. I'm trying to read D & C by the beginning of school and I'll hopefully have my Patriarchal Blessing by then too. I'm so thankful for the gospel and for prayer. I know The Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I'm so thankful for my family and friends and all the opportunities I have to strengthen my testimony and develop talents. I know there is a plan for me and I love living it everyday. I know Heavenly Father wants the plan to end up in heaven and last forever. I'm doing my best to hold on to the rod that is following my personal path. 
 Salt Lake Mormon Temple

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...