Skip to main content

First day of High School

Back to school?!

 
 
 
My 9 pages of homework; due on the first day

I am now an official dart and sophomore! Last night I was stressing (mostly due to the AP homework I was still finishing), feeling excited and choosing my outfit. I was so glad to get my back-to-school priesthood blessing from my dad, I'm already a little nervous about my AP class and Honors English and fitting practicing into my schedule, so that helped. Today I woke up at 5:25 am and went up & down my stairs about 20 times. I decided to wear a white flowy floralish blouse from H &M that has a black bow and green skinny jeans also from H & M. Finally I could wear long pants since DHS has Air Conditioning! Haha Ruby and Lex! :)
The first day was not at all what I expected. I'm not quite sure what it was, it was just different. I met Tori at the bus stop after my parents drove me to it, all the way from 3 blocks!:) We were so nervous going in, but Kyle showed me where my 1st period was and Tori got a print out of her schedule, which she had left at home. I didn't get lost and most of the hour and a half of every period was talking about the disclosure. All the students have the same lunch, so it's kind of a free-for-all. I found my friends and talked to them and Alyssa told us she got asked to Homecoming! You wouldn't believe how many people there are! There's 830 students just in 10th grade! That's more than all the people at FJH. It's the largest sophomore since about 1914!
I really liked it and I already feel like I've been there for awhile. School is just easy to get used to if you've been going for 9 years:)
After school I went to ballet and then came home to find cookies from my Sunday school teacher and the book of poetry I was published in!

I'm the fourth name down



Now for the first day of B day!

Comments

  1. I still have nightmares that I can't find my classes or my list of classes so I just wonder from room to room trying to find which class I am supposed to be in. I am glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...