Skip to main content

 Our friends Winifred and Adam and their kids Nancy and Thomas live in the house my grandpa grew up in and that I lived in for about 4 years. It was built in 1912, so Winifred's family was nice enough to have a 100th anniversary party for the house. They've done some serious remodeling and it looks great. I'm so happy they've tried to keep all the original things and still have kept the mood and essence of the house. It's such a beautiful house and I'm glad it has such good owners! It used to be surrounded by open fields and sheep, chickens, and other animals were kept there. It was the only house with an inside toilet with pluming for awhile. It must have been a mansion for its time with 3 levels!
 
I carved this into the wood of the house when I was about 5. It was supposed to say Golda, but some of my letters are backwards. How embarrassing!
I still remember my light pink bedroom with a white standing-dresser with hand-painted flowers on it. Once I climbed out of the window of my room and got stuck on the roof. I was shouting for what seemed like hours until my mom came outside and looked up to find me there, terrified. I also remember the bathtub with an old-fashioned nozzle thing that I thought was so cool. We had Christmas in the room with the fireplace. It was so cozy and storybook-like. The sliding doors would open and on the pretty red-pink sofa would be our gifts from Santa. It was so exciting and I can picture it perfectly in my mind.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...

At The Car Wash

Registering my car has been quite the ordeal. I have class until 5 every day and rehearsals Tuesday and Thursday, so finding a time has not been easy. One of my rehearsals was canceled today, so I drove to an auto-mechanic to update my registration. I knew I could get Safety and Emissions done, but thought they could also register my car. Nope! I have to go to the DMV. Then my car was failed, not because of the fact that the rear-view mirror is cracked (I bumped it in my apartment garage on a pillar-not my finest moment) but because there is a smaller circular mirror in the corner of it. It seemed like a tiny adjustment to me and couldn't believe they couldn't repair it right then at the mechanic! But it's fine-plus the owner gave me a free car-wash! Not just any car wash, "The BEST Carwash". It was $9. So I pull into the car-wash and jets start spraying all over and I can't see through the window from all the soapy water. And I'm like this is so cool! I ...

DC pics