Skip to main content

Music and the Spoken Word

I've been to this a few times and always love it. The music is amazing and it's neat to sit in the old tabernacle while they film live for television and radio to stations all around the world. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir with the Orchestra on Temple Square sang Down to the River To Pray. I love that song! The message of the 30 minute broadcast was on being less selfish. They used a spoon to convey the message. If you hold a soon inwardly, your reflection is upside down. If you hold it outward, you see your reflection the right way, clearly. So if you look towards others and their needs, your life will be in a better and happier perspective that will let you see things clearly and bless lives.
We also saw Grandma and Grandpa. We love to see them doing their mission responsibilities. I'm so glad they could serve and still stay close to us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...