Peronne is like a dream or a movie. We're staying in Genevieve's summer home which is connected to the village church and used to be the Priest's home. It's from the 1100s and has been renovated and is very very nice. There is still the old mail slot by the big wooden door and a tiny window you can open to see through the door. There is also a magnificent garden with cool doors that make you feel like you're in the Secret Garden and cherries and raspberries and currants you can eat right off the trees.
Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
Wow! How beautiful! What about pictures of Ruby? I love it!
ReplyDelete