Skip to main content

Good bye Nutcracker

Nutcracker is over and I'm sad! It was so much fun and I made great memories. I fell on the last night during the Maid dance which was a bummer. My tray flew off my hand when I fell even with the strap on the bottom. I just pretended it was on purpose and made some hand gestures like I gasped and then walked off. Luckily it was at the end of the dance. I still had Waltz and finale and I wasn't going to let one fall make me sad or not do my best the rest of the time. Strangely afterwords I felt really calm and didn't really care until after party scene. It was kind of funny and I didn't hurt myself. The weird thing was that right before the performance I felt like I was going to trip or fall....and I did. Hahaha, well I'm just the really clumsy maid now :)

 Maddie is a pro photo bomber. I just wish she'd bombed one of the bad pictures instead!
 My favors for the Waltz gals



 Emma being me...haha she'd be a great Maid! :) Love her
 Cutie
 I will miss you black pointe shoes!

 Our Nutcracker theme was song was to This Girl is on Fire, but we sang it "This girl is so tiraaaed! " (This girl is so tired) hahahaha
Aaaand, lastly the infamous lipstick kiss from Golda on her Maid costume. A teacher was helping me fix my skirt and she through the apron up for me to hold and it just whacked my lips. Chloe says it's a trademark now ;) hahahaha
Next year I really want to be the Doll so until then I'm going to work harder than ever! And Ruby and Ari will also be in it next year. It will be my last year! Tear. 

Comments

  1. Golda,,, Tate and I were at the performance last night and you did amazing! I saw the fall but I thought it was part of the dance. You pulled it off without a hiccup. I pointed you out to Tate while you were dancing, she just loved that her Fairy Ballet teacher from the summertime was dancing on the stage. I love to see you dance. You are so good and should for sure be the doll next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVED watching you Thursday night. And I'm sure no one noticed the fall because you are such a great actress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...