Skip to main content


Happiness is a choice. It is. Joy can live in the most miserable places under the most horrible circumstances. You can have a good attitude on a bad day, a cheerful countenance amidst trials or defeat. That said, it's hard! And you don't have to be a robot, never showing emotions or surrpressing them too much. We just have to remember to be kind to others, strive for a positive outlook and not let the hard things diminish the happiness that can always be felt. Happy is free. It's always out there. Reach out and take it! Then share it! Being happy is easier with these things....
~Perspective: Take a step back. Will this affect me in two weeks? Will I remember it in a year? Think about the people around you, going through their own trials. Consider the world news.
~Serving others: Do something small like delivering cookies, sending a letter, raking/mowing/shoveling a yard. Or something big! Just do something and do it with a genuine, positive attitude
~Dance: Bust out some moves, turn up some happy music, smile (seriously, it helps) and get your heart rate going 
~Go on a walk. This is especially successful when it's autumn and the air is crisp, the leaves are changing, the light is pure gold, the sun is warm and aaaaahhh, AUTUMN.
~Read the scriptures, listen to a church song, read your Patriarchal Blessing, watch a conference talk.

Now go out there and don't have another bad day again. There's always a little somethin somethin that can make a day worthwhile, memorable or just uplifting. You got this!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...