Skip to main content

Planning a Trip

There's so much to cover when delving into a subject as interesting, complex, diverse, fun and broad as travel. There is so much to learn and know and experience! Let's start by talking about planning a trip...
Where?
When?
How?
The three most important questions. Really, the ONLY three questions. Make sure you answer the "How" at the end. So many people never let their dreams come close to reality because they think it's not possible. But if you want a trip to come to fruition, you have to make it. Yep, it's going to cost time, research, money and maybe some compromises. But it's so worth it!!!
After you've decided on the location and scoured your planner for a week or more that's relatively free, start planning. And I mean real, hard-core planning. Nothing can stop you from going on this trip.
REMEMBER....
~Be organized
~Be dedicated to pulling it off
~Realize that you will never find a positively perfect time to go
~Pick somewhere that genuinely excites, inspires and calls you
~Research
~Ask for advice
~Embrace and enjoy the process!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

DC pics