Skip to main content

Stockholm

This was the trip of a lifetime. It was amazing to go with two of my best friends-Emily and Ashley, and two of my very best friends-my parents. Staying in Stockholm the first and last nights were magical and such a good idea! I loved the cozy Christmas feel and the Scandinavian details everywhere.
After a quick drive to St George, a picnic at Swig, and then another short drive to Las Vegas, we boarded our flight to Europe! Ash, Em and I were practically pinching ourselves every other minute. We were so excited and could hardly believe this trip was actually happening!
A really nice man seated next to Emily moved to the middle seat so she could talk to Ash and I (who were seated next to each other) more easily. What a kind gesture!!
The flight was long because we all couldn't sleep, but we got up the energy for a half a day in Stockholm when we landed! We quickly freshened up at the hotel (which was in the airport-talk about convenience) and got on the us headed to town. Falafels and gyros and Coke rejuvenated us, then it was off to the Christmas Markets. The wooden stalls organized in the square were adorable. There were soaps, ornaments, candy, varm glog (hot cider or wine), postcards, mittens, scarfs, and more. There was even a Christmas tree lit up in the center.
After buying some postcards and little souvenirs, we wandered around the city. We found a bridge with a gorgeous view, the Royal Palace, another big tree, a beautiful hotel, and a picturesque ice skating rink. Those Swedes are much more graceful on the ice than any given group of Americans!
The bus ride home was so warm and cozy, I think we all dozed off for awhile.
Then we had McDonald's at the airport before going to bed. *McDonald's is much better in Europe than in America, also we just wanted a snack, and it's cheap! hahaha
Ashley and I squeezed into one bed and in the morning nonchalantly informed me that I elbowed her in the night. Oops! Sorry Ash


Swig!

Doing palates in the airport




Crossing the river into Gamla Stan-the markets opened the DAY we got there!














Rooms inside the Royal Most adorable hotel ever!
Downtown Stockholm, ice skating rink.





Fun Christmas windows


And the next day-ROMA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...