Skip to main content
             I got this from my journal from when I was in The Sound of Music last year...
The Dance Scene, in slow motion

You wait. You wait for the velvet, crimson fabric to be pulled away by a boy wearing black in the wings.
It's time. You go in front of the curtain to do a small scene. You say your line. You pretend to waltz with your pretend brother.
And then... the curtain opens, like scarlet water rippling through the air. You see the white, circle lights- which are part of the party set- as the curtains frame them. Dancers in a circle do a choreographed dance. The picture is a perfect image of the stage, the arts, a musical.
You stand. You stand there acting like you are amazed at your pretend house being decorated for a pretend party. And you are amazed. You go off the stage and frantically change from one costume to the next... and then you act like you are escaping from Austria after doing fun dances and songs with friends you have made who share the same passion. And then it is over, all too soon.

Comments

  1. I love your description of the curtains as "scarlet water rippling through the air."

    So when you say you got this from your journal, does that mean this is what you wrote for yourself, and not for an assignment? Because if so, then I am very impressed that you employed such creativity. I suspect the journals of most junior high girls go along the lines of: "Today I did this and that." Just a basic chronicle. Your entry, on the other hand, is poetic.

    I like reading this blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...