Skip to main content
Once upon a time there was a small girl named Luchia Grace. Everyone called her Lucy Gray. It was the first day of December and she was sitting at her desk writing her letter to Santa. She thought hard about what she should ask for. She stared at the sparkly silver ornament hanging on the tree by her window and thought. And thought.... and thought. She couldn't think of anything special that she wanted Santa's elves to make for her. Then she remembered the beautiful charm bracelet her cousin Rivoli had showed her. Rivoli collected charms and she had 2 bracelet full of them. Lucy Gray wanted something she could collect too, something of her very own. Snow globes! She thought as she quickly wrote it on her letter. That will be perfect, she thought, This year I will start my collection!
Lucy Gray mailed her letter the next day. The following Saturday they hung the holly, made cookies and put up the tree. On December 19th she saw the Nutcracker and loved it. She decided next year she'd ask for the ballet shoes the Sugar Princess wore when she danced so gracefully.
Christmas day finally came and Lucy Gray was so excited to open her presents! She saw a gold and emerald wrapped gift under the tree.  She opened it quickly, lifted the box.... and found a gorgeous snow globe! Inside was a ballerina that looked just like the Sugar Plum Princess in the Nutcracker. The base of the globe was gold with Luchia Grace Bennett etched in cursive in the middle. When she shook it pink glitter and white snow swirled around the dancer and fell softly. Lucy couldn't have asked for anything better. But the next night....

To be continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

DC pics