Skip to main content
There are so many things that make up a person. I know that "things" isn't the right word, but I can't think of something that adequately describes what a person even would be made of. Dreams, accomplishments, interests, regrets, mistakes, wishes, relationships, etc.
I love ballet. I want to teach ballet, and I want to dance ballet. It's part of who I am. But my heart also yearns for the actress side of me. The little bite of real acting that I got at the age of ten in a production of Babes in Toyland in Salt Lake City. The countless drives to Ogden for rehearsals of Music Man when I was twelve. The ten-hour dress rehearsals of Jana's plays throughout high school. I miss that.
My heart yearns for the flute. The peak of my playing my Senior year when I was practicing daily and could play Carnival of Venice like a pro. When I began to see what my practicing had accomplished and considered going on to play in a symphony.
I miss French. Learning an entire other language and knowing I could go to one of my favorite countries and speak with the natives and be as at home as I felt. Recognizing an entire sentence and understanding words in conversation and feeling completley fulfilled.
I miss seeing my friends in the halls every day at DHS. And going downstairs to talk to my parents or siblings, or better yet, having my littlest sister barge into my room and demand to "play the tute" or ask "what are you doing?"
In some ways those things feel like another life. In many ways, they were. I want to reconnect with all of them again someday, but I probably won't do so in the time frame or intensity as I would like. But that's the bittersweet part of life, and the difficulty of time. Time goes by and life changes. I'm thankful I get to do so much in life, and realize I have to make the most of every single second. But sometimes the reminiscing turns to longing and you remember the bitter part of living. Life has it's own side affects I suppose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...