Skip to main content
Colds start out small; a little sniffy nose, tickley throat. Not a big deal. Then you have those symptoms for 2 weeks, so you think okay this cold will be gone soon. Then you get a headache and runny nose. After a week, you think winter would you let spring come already! You aren't sick enough to stay home from school, but you're still miserable at school. Then the cough comes, and you lose your voice at random times in the day. It hurts to swallow and you sometimes sound like a 80-year-old smoker. When your cold is at it's peak (at least you hope so) you forget you have announcements, so you run down to the other side of the school as fast as you can. When you get there you're out of breath and sound raspy and the whole school can hear it, yea! But then after the Wrestling game which you shivered and winced through, you go home and practice a high pitched instrument and stay up till 12 am doing Geometry.
Oh the wonderful life of the average Junior High Schooler!


*And that was my rant of the year

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

HOLIDAYS

I was so happy the Mijatovic family came to visit! Even though we're not related my blood, we're family! My lovely grandparents The newlyweds invited us and their friends to see the lights at Temple Square, then enjoy some pie and hot cocoa at their adorable apartment, conveniently located right by the temple. Such fun! Thanksgiving with the Siskins ....And everybody else ;)