Skip to main content

Moods

Uneven, small cliffs of sand the color of clean rust drown the beach. The water comes in quickly and rolls back in erratic waves. Hard, palm-shaped rocks litter the stretch of saltwater-soaked sand. Dead carcases of clams, crabs, and sand-dollars lay waiting to be carried back to the deep water behind. The wind tosses up grains of broken sandcastles and harsh rays of sunlight.

The sun hangs suspended in the sky by the seagulls and glow that surround it. The waves roll back and forth in a familiar, yet different way as they continue their ancient song of water. Pebbles the color of Athena's eyes frame Disney-colored seashells. The oval oyster shells have nautical, fiery rainbows shining inside their peeling ebony bodies. Mint, lunar white, mahogany, and dream blue sea-glass are casually placed amist the other treasures from the Sea. Swirling masses of seaweed reach onto the airy crest of waves' last memory. Children, with the help of laughter and red buckets build sandcastles near the pier, and splash away their sunscreen and worries.

How different were the moods? Which beach would you rather be at?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

DC pics