Skip to main content
I went to Paris in October, 2011. I found out I was going months before and started saving my money. I needed to earn roughly $1500, for shopping and the plane ticket. (And small contributions to the hotel, food, and Metro) Ruby and I were so excited and did all sorts of things to reach the money goal. We did ballet camps, music lessons, babysitting, etc. A little while after my mom and Coco told us we would get to go, my parents decided Ari should go too. She is left out a lot because she's a big girl, but she isn't a big big girl like me and Ruby. I'm so glad she got to go with the big big girls. It was fun to see her mature and act older with no little kids around. I shared a room with her and Ruby and although Ari's bedtime was a little different than ours, it worked out because we needed all the sleep we could get!

Going to the airport was more than exciting. I still couldn't believe we were going to France! Paris, France! It was a little sad because I think Freestone thought he could go, but he'd have his turn someday too! The plane wasn't the most pleasant experience. (I hate not being able to move around, and I think I'm kind of claustrophobic) But I just thought of the Eiffel Tower every time I felt like I couldn't take it any more. When we flew over Paris, it was like a movie. The Siene sparkled, the apartments were drowned in buttery sunlight, and the trees glowed a brilliant green. It was beautiful!

After finding our driver who held a sign with our names, we sped through the traffic to our gorgeous apartment. It had big royal blue doors and circle gold handles. You had to walk up some uneven stairways to get to it, so the view was amazing. At night you could see the souvenir shop across the street, or the colorful shops, or even the top of the Eiffel Tower! And the buzz of people talking, laughing, and dining was like music when you went to bed.

We saw the Eiffel Tower (We went to the very top!), Sacre Coeur (Gorgeous white church, means Sacred Heart), Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Rue de Rivoli (Charming little street along the Siene), Champs de elysee (pronounced Chance de Lisay, a fancy street of expensive stores), the Siene (the river that goes through Paris, we went on an amazing boat ride on it), and more!
There are already some posts about Paris that I used for Honors English. This was the most amazing, magical, educational, fun, perfect vacation I could have imagined!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...

Celebrating, Italia style

My awesome mom took me to Settebello's tonight to celebrate my 4.0! It is an Italian pizza place in Station Park. It's the real deal. Italian pizza! It was first time going and we got two pizzas; all the toppings included roasted pine nuts, sausage, olives and artichoke hearts and mushrooms. YUM! I also had to get gelatto there. I've been craving it for so long and the ultra fresh raspberry and the hazelnut/chocolate flavors hit the spot. It was so cozy in there with delicious food and the pretty snow outside. Such a fun night talking to my mom about whatever and celebrating all the work that went into my first term of High School. Thanks mom!

A brief testimony

Excerpt from an email to a missionary friend:  I went to Young Women in Excellence last night and Ruby and Ari spoke. It was super neat because I was in charge of New Beginnings back in March and the themes of both nights were the same: Embark. Back in March I still didn't know what school I was going to, whether I'd serve a mission at 19, etc etc. And now, I kind of have embarked. I'm living on my own, I went to Europe for 6 weeks since then, I'm no longer in Young Womens, I'm at college and getting ready for a mission! It was a really good thing to think about, remember and analyze whether or not I'm letting Heavenly Father steer the course of my life. There are some stormy seas in life, but I am so thankful that I have a testimony that I know I can rely on and that Heavenly Father will work with and strengthen. Even if strengthening my testimony means more trials, I feel more peace and comfort than I ever have because I have come to see that God really...