Skip to main content

Day 2


Shopping at UNI QLO (as in unique clothing), such a cool store!

Yum!
 We went to a fancy Mediterranean restaurant; Bouledsud. I got a watermellon salad, delicious ravioli and chocolate gelatto and cake. Mmmm!
We shopped along 5th Avenue a bit and went into Tiffany's! So pretty and so expensive! We also went in Sahk's 5th Avenue which was cool. We didn't buy anything at either, but luckily there was an H &M and UNI QLO where I bought some cute clothes:)
Gorgeous view!


We went to MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) and lucked out with the free Friday night deal. We favorite was the Starry Night by Van Gogh that was there!



And then my favorite part of the trip....
NEWSIES!
The theatre was of course gorgeous just like the Mary Poppins one and we were in the front rows of the balcony which were perfect! The sets were really creative and the actors were unbelievable. We had a few understudy performers but they were just as good as the other people I'm sure. Jack Kelly was amazing! All the dancers/Newsies were fantastically marvelous! The choreography was so impressive and I couldn't believe how great the dancers were. I loved Seize the Day and the tap number in King of New York. I wanted to get up on the stage and start dancing and singing so bad!! :) Someday...
After the show I bought a Newsies tote and one of the workers told us the cast would be out there giving autographs. We waited by the stage door and most of the cast came out! I. was. so. excited.
We even talked to a lady whose son played the Newsie, Romeo. He was only 17! His mom was really nice, and she had to move to New York just so he could be in it! We got pictures with our favorite dancer; Ryan (aka Specs) and Andy (aka Romeo)
They gave papers to the audience that we could write our headline on. These were some of the ones from previous shows


Andy, can you tell he's nice? :)
We could tell Ryan was ballet-trained and he did a bunch of fouettes in one number and had amazing extension and jumps! I'm mad I'm blurry, but it was awesome to meet him!!

That's the guy who played Jack Kelly:D
I was shaking I was so excited!

After all that we went to a pizza place and I had my first slice of New York pizza. It was so delicious!
That was like the best day of my life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...