Skip to main content

New York New York!

One day we were thinking about travel and vacation. My parents figured it would be crazy not to go to Paris with the apartment my grandparents had and the fact that my dad hadn't been for so long. We started looking up flights and we ended up with 4 tickets to New York. I wasn't sure how we went from France to NYC, but I was so excited to be going!! It was very spur-of-the-moment and actually Freestone will be going to Paris for his 10-year-old trip! So Ruby and I started saving for the trip and thinking about what it would be like. This is Day 1....
The airport

Our flight was a red-eye; leaving at 12 am and arriving at 6 am! The view from the plane was amazing with all the sparkling lights and skyscrapers. We got to our hotel, the Intercontinental and were pleasantly surprised to find they already had the room ready for us.The room was so pretty and the hotel was super nice!
Our room
Checkin' out the view

We set our luggage down and headed immediately for the Statue of Liberty. We took a ferry that traveled past it and we took tons of pictures and laughed when it started pouring rain. We got off at Ellis Island and stayed in the museum for awhile. The Statue of Liberty was smaller, but prettier than I expected. It was really cool.

On the ferry!


Cute!

Sisters!

Where immigrants would come to become citizens

 Then we went to the hotel and took a nap. I obviously really needed one:)

After our power nap we headed to Junoon to dine for restaurant week. They had Indian food and it was delicious but spicy!
We saw Juilliard!

Times Square! :)

My first Broadway show!
We were lucky enough to get to see Mary Poppins on Broadway! It was amazing! The costumes, actors, choreography, everything! In the scene where they go to the park and Bert's drawings come alive, the statues in the park start dancing and talking. It was funny and they were amazing dancers! My favorite song was Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! The costumes were super bright and happy and the dancing was so fun and it's such a feel-good song! :) I LOVED it!

What a fabulous first day!:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...