Skip to main content

Junior Year has begun


Can't believe Ari is in 6th, Free is in 5th and X is a new little 3rd grader!

 What to wear??



 This is my Dance Company binder. How adorable is this picture of me and my first ballet teacher Lisa?! I was a magpie
I took this beauty at 12 am on Friday night. I wanted to stay up to say goodbye to summer since technically that's when it ended :)

When I was little, a Junior seemed soooooo old! I didn't even know the order of freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, until.... well, I was halfway through my freshman year. When my babysitters or girls in my ward or my friends' older sisters said they were in 11th grade I just thought that was so different. So sophisticated! Now that I'm a junior, it is kind of old. I mean college isn't very far off. Maybe it's the easing into it that makes it seem like a smaller jump though. Seeing the sophomores today was weird. They belong in Junior High!   ;)
Anyway, the first day was awesome. I have friends in every class and my teachers seem wonderful. I'm taking Honors English, French 3, Seminary, Wind Ensemble, Dance Company, Chemistry Honors, Precalc and AP US History. I hope I can study smart and stay on top of things academically. I got two 4.0s last year so my goal is to get 4.0s all four terms this year.
I'm so excited for all the dance I'm doing this year! I'm taking 6 ballet classes a week, jazz and modern. And of course, Dance Company. I am just so thankful for Clytie's. It's such an amazing school and I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to dance there. I truly love it! *Nutcracker auditions are in 18 days!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...

DC pics

The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...