Skip to main content

No Longer 16 going on 17

 Yum!

 I gave a talk on Sunday that I'll post later. My red lipstick from recital stained by lips in random places so I had to just reapply so it was at least even. It didn't end up looking horrible! 
More yummy food from the 'Sunday King Prebirthday Barbecue Feast'
 Lunch at ParkStone



Trying on a 1.2 million dollar wedding ring at O.C. Tanner, just for fun! When he said the price, I got nauseous! haha, I'd be way too scared to wear something that expensive. 
We tried to see Angela's artwork, but the gallery was closed. We peeked in and saw one of her pieces that was inspired by the pictures we took on our trip to Copenhagen! :) Amazing art!!
Alright, so...I love looking at wedding rings and rings in general. We went into a little jewelers on Main Street in Park City. My dad mentioned to the lady that it was my birthday and she said they had a section of amethysts; my birthstone! She let me try one on and I loved it. It's a tricut which has religious significance because of the trinity and it's also said to provide protection. My dad asked the price, and asked "Well do you want it?" I couldn't believe it! Of course I did, but did I really want him to buy me something so nice after everything else he's done? He insisted and after a quick sizing...it was mine! 
The lady was really nice. She was from Sweden and we chatted about our trip to Copenhagen a few months ago. 



My dad bought me a book at Dolley's Bookstore. 
Dinner at Grappa was amazing! We got thee best table and the yummiest food. I got chicken with mashed potatoes, and some greens. My dad got crusted salmon and a zuccini side (the menu described it much better, my description didn't do the flavors justice!) We also got a pita pizza thing for an appetizer. It had lots of fresh veggies and it was the best flatbread I've ever had!! And the bread...oh the bread! :)
Famous vandal's art

My friends are pretty much the greatest!
Truffle dessert! The semisweet chocolate one was the best. That one's not pictured because we ate it on a bench in PC while we waited for the ring to be sized one half size smaller

The book Popular. It was funny and cute and entertaining. I'd been intrigued because it was written by a fifteen-year-old. A great summer read! 
 The morning was spent being Ana teaching a bunch of cute kids about ballet and crafts
 Parkstone salads

 BEST DAD IN THE WORLD!.... and the best flatbread in the world ;)
 My dinner

 The necklace I bought at Charming Charlie's with the giftcard Anna and Sarah got me.

 Absolutely Delish
 View from our table at Grappa

Basil and raspberry gelato 
 Grappa 
This song came on on the way to the Ranch. My dad is the Magic Man and the day was as magical as one spent in Paris. Which is saying a lot.


Thanks Mom and Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...

DC pics

The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...