Skip to main content

New Beginnings

 Being in charge of New Beginnings was something I was so excited for! I still remember going to New Beginnings as an incoming beehive and it got me so excited to be in Young Womens. The parents brought different lights to represent their daughters and each beehive got a rose corresponding to a Personal Progress value color. It was such a fun and informative night. I wanted this year to be the same. We spent time deciding on a theme, speakers, musical numbers, decorations, committees and refreshments. It took time and planning, but it was so worth it!
I feel so blessed to have had all the examples, resources and lessons in YW that helped me become a confident leader and planner. It ended up being just perfect and the spirit was definitely present.
I'm writing this on May 28th, even though this happened in March. A few days ago I spoke on this experience at a leadership meeting thing for women the presidencies. The presidencies from all the wards in our stake were there. I talked about reminding myself to focus on the spiritual; spend as much time in prayer and scripture study as I did on pinterest :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOLIDAYS

I was so happy the Mijatovic family came to visit! Even though we're not related my blood, we're family! My lovely grandparents The newlyweds invited us and their friends to see the lights at Temple Square, then enjoy some pie and hot cocoa at their adorable apartment, conveniently located right by the temple. Such fun! Thanksgiving with the Siskins ....And everybody else ;)

DC pics

The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...