Skip to main content

france

genevieve took these and im uploading them really fast we leave for spain tuesday and have loved and will miss france sorry no punctuation these keyboards are diffferent




turin YUMMMMM
 la grange du mas, the laveisierres chalet in lanselvillard
 above bonneval
 lac de cenis
turin italia


lunch today so good_ carrots, sausage, salad, melon, ice cream, bread french cheese and wine haha jk wine for everyone else
so, to my surprise there are a lot of people weve met that know nothing about the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. they assume the funniest stuff about mormons, but they are usually genuinely interested and listen closely. but its hard sharing the message with them starting from scratch like the first thing i said we are christians. they also wanted to know then how we were different from other christians, catholics in particular. I told them it was our belief in God, Christ and the Holy Spirit as seperate beings. I mentioned the book of mormon as well, which is such a big part! I wish I could have explained fully, in an environment that I could teach more about doctrine, but half the conversation was explaining that not all mormons live in utah haha we really do need missionaries! but it was so cool to be able to tell her that mormons live every around the world, and that different cultures, languages and people exist within the church; Its also so cool to have things that set our church apart. I was also wearing my YW medallion so I could show her the temple. I love the church and everything about it, im so thankful to have it in my life and the blessings it gives me daily im reading general conference talks and its been such a huge blessing! i miss going to church every sunday but the light and truth can be felt anywhere more on this later when i can type a coherent thought haha au revoir

Comments

  1. Sounds like your mission is going to be just the thing. You'll love being able to share the gospel with people. T minus one year or less! I'm so happy you and Ruby are having these experiences in France and wherever else you end up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

DC pics