Skip to main content

The Uncool

While in Europe and during this couch-ridden wisdom teeth removal recovery, I've had some time to blog surf (and name all my future children and plan my dorm and ya okay half of my wedding-which won't be for at least 4 years) But anyway, I came across some super cool ones and a few of them did this post. The Uncool post. Because so many of us are tricked into thinking that someone's life is the one they see on Social Media. That the snapshots they choose to share are the only ones in this perfect person's perfect life. Not that I think anyone thinks my life is perfect, but, I just thought I'd add my own Uncool list. Mostly because, frankly, it's funny and there's so much available content.
The Not So "Cool"
1) I almost threw up on a Subway in New York last week
Can you even imagine? Picture it, all these black people on the subway car and the ONLY white girl, throwing up everywhere as the car zooms underneath Central Park. Luckily, I ran out and found a bathroom in the station. A very disgusting bathroom I might add. Ya, definitely not glamorous
2) I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

DC pics