Skip to main content

On the walk home

One of my very favorite times of the week is when I walk home from Institute on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Institute is always amazingly spiritual, uplifting and inspiring. I receive so much revelation walking home because I am in tune with the spirit and feel sincerely desirous to be better. Today as I was walking home, I just felt peace. I looked at the mountains and was literally in awe. They were beyond gorgeous, almost beyond words or description. I felt God's love and power and reality. Orem is surrounded by mountains and they all looked different, unique in their colors and texture, but equally magnificent. I felt so grateful to be going to school here, and to be able to see the mountains. Describing those mountains to a blind person would be nearly impossible. I think that's how God feels about our divine destiny and potential. We cannot even imagine or comprehend something so grand.
Another revelation from today: Heavenly Father created us to be dependent on one another. We are ALL dependent on Christ and his Atonement. We are dependent on Him for our eternal salvation. Adam needed Eve; they were dependent on each other. We are dependent on our parents to nurture, teach and provide for us. We are dependent on spouses to fulfill saving ordinances and become more selfless and Christ-like. We are dependent on the Prophet to counsel and guide and warn. We are dependent on friends to listen and support.
Heavenly Father wants us to be humble and He wants us to ALL return to Him. The most sacred unit is the family. He wants us help one another. To clothe, feed, comfort, empathize, serve and love one another. It is the surest way to become like God and to fulfill the perfect potential He sees for us.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...