Skip to main content

One Semester Down!!

Finals week is over!!!
The joy that fills my heart right now is enormous.
Biology was my last final and it was quite daunting. I read through 700+ slides over again for my review, watched some videos about photosynthesis and cellular respiration, taught it to my roommate, and prayed.
I still don't know my score, but ya know what? I did my best. I've learned that that's all that matters. School gives back to you exactly what you put into it. Maybe not in the form of an A or praise from the teacher, but knowledge is precious. It is valuable. Knowledge is one of the few things you take with you into the next life. Even though the modern school system is not perfect and the grading system is a little whack, learning can still take place. I have begun to really value my education. So many people never get one. Even in the seemingly useless memorizing, studying and writing, I know I am using my brain, getting closer to my potential and being productive.
So take heart high schoolers, junior highers, elementary kids, students of every kind! It is all worth it.

Stepping off my soapbox-
A big thank you to Emmy for making me watch inspiration videos and dancing with me to Eye of the Tiger to get me pumped for my test. That was pretty chill of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

DC pics