Skip to main content

In The End

When I was encountered by an incredulous, almost angry questioning of some of my life decisions the other day, it really made me think...
In the end, what is most important? After some thought, I then asked...
If in the end, something is important, it better be pretty darn important right NOW too!
The gospel, my family, what I have cultivated, what I have given time to, what I have appreciated, what I have created, who I helped out, what I learned.
^^^^^
THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS
I love finishing a perfect pirouette, or getting an A on an essay, or cooking something really good, but you know what I really love?  I love getting a text at 11 pm from my little sister who is asking for advice. Seeing the mountains on my way to school every day. Writing in my journal at night in my little dorm with the twinkle lights on.
And I truly adore finding answers in the scriptures. Praying to an all-powerful Being who I know is there. Going to the temple where I feel close to heaven. Noticing God's hand in my life, which is somehow always present.
These are things that change and feed my soul. Things that make me whole, things that bring true joy.
My life is happy, vibrant, colorful, exciting, fulfilling, hard, constantly changing, sometimes confusing, peaceful, and challenging. I would not have it any other way.
Hard work and trials are the perfect juxtaposition to my good days and great blessings. They work together to make my life vibrant and full and rich. Plus, I get to learn stuff along the way.
Heavenly Father's hand is present in our every day lives. Hope is always available and Christ's grace is sufficient. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, change is real and peace is perfect. Our lives can be made into masterpieces by the hand of the Master.
Remember what is important in the end, because it is important right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC pics

HOLIDAYS

I was so happy the Mijatovic family came to visit! Even though we're not related my blood, we're family! My lovely grandparents The newlyweds invited us and their friends to see the lights at Temple Square, then enjoy some pie and hot cocoa at their adorable apartment, conveniently located right by the temple. Such fun! Thanksgiving with the Siskins ....And everybody else ;)
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...