Skip to main content
You know those weeks where nothing significantly wrong happens but a bunch of "mini trials" just kind of overwhelm you all the sudden? Ya that's happened a few times this past week. I just feel overwhelmed, under-qualified, and discouraged. But my point in telling you this, is that it gets better! Every single time I have one of those rough days or hours, it gets so much better! The blessings for big trials and answers to significant prayers will not be as immediate, but tender mercies have continually been given to me after hard days. It is proof to me that Heavenly Father is aware of me and that He is eager to bless, comfort, and teach me. I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven that loves me enough to give me hard times and the power to help me through. I am grateful for a Savior that gives me comfort and confidence to keep going, to have hope, and faith in good things to come. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that helps me have joy in the journey, that helps me keep at eternal perspective. I am grateful that I can have "weak things become strong" and that my trials "shall be consecrated for [my] gain."
Knowing that everything will be okay in the end, and that trials are for my good help me get through them with determination, courage, and even joy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

DC pics