Skip to main content


I was reading a favorite blog of mine yesterday and was led to a link of yet another blog. The author briefly mentioned periods of planting, and periods of growing. It really resonated with me. Although we should be growing and progressing constantly, part of growing is planting. We aren't going to be accomplishing things or seeing noticeable growth every minute. There are times when Heavenly Father needs us to simply desire, to plant the seed, to nourish it, and to be the gardener. We cannot constantly be reaping our fields or picking the flowers. As gardeners of our lives, there is sowing to be done, weeding to finish, and watering to see to. Most flowers bloom in their season, but that does not mean that they are not beautiful as bulbs, sprouts, or buds. The trick is to see the beauty of the process, to appreciate the pursuit, and to love the struggle of endeavor. Whatever season my life landscape is in, I want to notice the subtleties and promise of possibility, but glory in the here and now. I am living. Which means I am not planning my life, or remembering the good moments in my life. I am in my life. This is the time I have to live. The only time. Seconds sweep by and heartbeats drum and disappear in life-sustaining repetition. Our earthly measure of life; time, goes by so quickly. The older I get, the more time feels like a train. A train that I sometimes can't quite grab a hold of. One that does not allow me enough long glances at my life landscape; it flashes by through the windows with alarming blurriness. But as I try to appreciate every detail of my landscape, even the hard times seem worth savoring and somehow the trials become especially valuable.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DC pics

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...