Skip to main content

Rose Recital

I am so excited that the DHS Band is going to the Rose Parade my Sophomore year. I'm so excited and thankful for this amazing opportunity. Each student needs to pay $800 to go plus the tons of fundraisers we've supported to get the money for the band itself. We decided to have a recital with friends, neighbors and family to help me and the band make it to Pasadena. The recital was a huge success! Thank you so much to everyone who came, you helped so so much and are all amazing! My fingers shake a ton even when I'm not that nervous and then my breathing gets messed up, so I wasn't thrilled with my performance, but Ruby and Nancy were great! The Rose Parade will be so worthwhile and amazing, I can't wait! Thank you all for helping me get there













Comments

  1. Golda,

    SO excited that you have this opportunity to march in the Rose Bowl Parade!! That's AWESOME!! When you get closer I'd love to know where you'll be in your band's line up so that I can look for you on TV!

    Glad your recital went so well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First day of college

Man, the first day was amazing! I don't have class until 9:30, then I walked over (super easy, short walk) and found my modern class easily. We went over questions and syllabus today so no dancing. I really love the faculty and I'm so glad I got to go to workshops here in high school so I'm a little familiar with the program. Then I had technique 2, and we did one across the floor. The two teachers said "okay, we have some people we want to move up to Tech 3 right now...Golda..." I was so happy! Placement happens throughout the week, but I was so happy to get moved up right away! So now I'm in pointe 3 too. I feel so grateful to be able to dance 9:30 to 2:30 every.day. !!!! I didn't get into my first institute class, so I read all the emails from my missionary friends. Mondays are a whole lot better with those! :) My colloquium class was good, then I met up with my roommate who was hanging out with 2 RMs. We went to play ping pong before another Freshman...
The world is big. It can be scary. It can be a lot of things, a lot of adjectives because well, it's the WORLD. But there is so much  good  in it. Make it your mission to notice the good in every day life. One thing that you can count on is the sun. It rises, it's warm, it gives light. Things we need. Things that are good, life sustaining, bright. Happiness is not a side affect of a perfect life. Waiting to be happy is just plain silly. Happiness wants to come into your life, in fact, it already has, so acknowledge and befriend it. Make it deeper and better with gratitude, consistence and effort. The good in the world is apparent and abundant, just like happiness. Focusing on the good doesn't mean we ignore the sad stuff going on, refuse to ever watch the news, or be ignorant of pressing matters around the world. It just means that you cling to hope, never give up, fight discouragement and let the good into your life. Let the good in, put some good out, let light radiate fr...

DC pics